As a friendly reminder, concession requests are those "sweeteners" you'd like the hotel to offer you at a discount, or sometimes even no expense to you. These will save you money on your meeting so always include them on your meeting RFP. Need some help to know what concessions to add your meeting? No problem! Here's a list of some of our favorites. To read more, visit our blog post here:
1. Complimentary guest rooms (a pretty standard one is 1:40 or 1:50 comp rooms ratio, which means 1 complimentary room night per every 40 or 50 picked up, cumulative, rather than per night)
2. Complimentary Meeting Room Rental if Food and beverage is met
3. Suite Upgrades at group rate
4. Allowable Attrition (ie 20% cumulative attrition for the room block)
5. Include a re-booking clause
Remember, only ask what's meaningful to you. You'll get better results if you focus on just the right ones. Sales Managers have a lot of power to make you happy and deliver a great proposal, and if you're clear and reasonable about what you need, they're far more likely to make it happen for you!
And let the savings begin....